Informatica INTERVIEW QUESTION & ANSWERS
||What are the applications of data warehouse?
- Datawarehouse are used extensively in banking and financial services, consumer goods.
- Datawarehouse is mainly used for generating reports and answering predefined queries.
- Datawarehouse is used for strategic purposes, performing multidimensional analysis.
- Datawarehouse is used for knowledge discovery and strategic decision making using data mining tools.
||What are the types of datawarehouse applications?
- Info processing
- Analytical processing
- Data mining
||What is metadata?
||Metadata is defined as the data about data. Metadata describes the entity and attributes description.
||What are the benefits of Datawarehousing?
The implementation of a data warehouse can provide many benefits to an organization. A data warehouse can :
- Facilitate integration in an environment characterized by un–integrated applications.
- Integrate enterprise data across a variety of functions.
- Integrate external as well as internal data.
- Support strategic and long–term business planning.
- Support day–to–day tactical decisions.
- Enable insight into business trends and business opportunities.
- Organize and store historical data needed for analysis.
- Make available historical data, extending over many years, which enables trend analysis.
- Provide more accurate and complete information.
- Improve knowledge about the business.
- Enable cost–effective decision making.
- Enable organizations to understand their customers, and their needs, as well competitors.
- Enhance customer servicc and satisfaction.
- Provide competitive advantage.
- Provide easy access for end–users.
- Provide timely access to corporate information.
||What is the difference between dimensional table and fact table?
||A dimension table consists of tuples of attributes of the dimension. A fact table can be thought of as having tuples, one per a recorded fact. This fact contains some measured or observed variables and identifies them with pointers to dimension tables.